BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Kitsap Spring

The last year or so has been a big one for me, and I'm just now feeling that I'm settling into my new routine.  I'm a lazy writer, and the more complex and momentous life events often seem too hard to write about.  It's not a good trait for a blogger, since I end up chronicling the mundane and skipping the interesting stuff.  I'll work on it.

Anyway, spring is supposedly here, and the farmer's markets are beginning to open around the county.  Kitsap Cuisine does a fine job of writing about the local farm and food scene, including good articles on the local farmers markets.  A full schedule of local markets is below.  It seems like they're getting bigger and better every year, which pleases me no end.  I have tomato seedlings happily growing in the laundry room and all the onions and most of the greens are in the ground.  My snow peas are up and looking vigorous.  So, yeah, it must be spring.


2 comments:

Joan said...

Yay, good to hear from you again! Glad your business is doing well. Happy day today as the sun is shining and so glad someone's peas are doing well...mine are being eaten and I have a new batch in pots in hope to get them in the ground big enough to not fall victim before they get a start!

Tracy Zhu said...

Hi Joan, I hope all is well with you! Last year I had issues with voles tunneling up and snacking on the peas, so I put in some of those solar powered vibrator things to repel them, and so far so good. Here's hoping for a beautiful summer that will erase memories of last summer.