BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Savage Vine

Savage Plants and Landscape has long been my favorite North Kitsap nursery.  It's not the largest in the area, but it has remarkable diversity, outstanding grounds, and personable and knowledgeable service.  Well, they have improved on all this by adding a wine shop!  The Savage Vine  is located on the premises, in a peaceful and refreshingly non-hipster setting.  They are open daily and do tastings on Saturdays, with the price ranging from free to $5, which sounds reasonable to me.  They expect to add outdoor seating as the weather warms, which will make it all the more divine.  I quite like the idea of drinking wine while shopping for ground cover.  It's also located conveniently between my house and my shop...nice!

I'm really pleased to see so many quality small businesses opening in the last year or so in the area, especially in the face of an uncertain economy.  It seems that the worst things got, the more courageous and creative many people became; resulting in flurry of business openings and reinventions, cool new events, and fledgling non-profits.

12 comments:

huemaurice7 said...

Hi Tracy !

Here (South France) there are vines (of the clusters of 2 inches long!) but they are covered. A plastic is on top against radiation of Fukushima. Hand on Washington State, the radioactive fallout are very important. That do you? Greenhouses?

Tracy Zhu said...

Hello! Thank you for the comment. As far as I know, the radiation from Fukushima is not believed to be a threat to Washington State vines - yet. We are more worried about cold weather.

Joan said...

Sounds like a lovely place, Tracy!
I've not heard of it but I love visiting nurseries all over the area. Putting it on the list. I hope they do well and I hope your business is doing well too.

Tracy Zhu said...

Thanks, Joan. It's been nearly a year now since I started Tango Zulu and so far, so good. If you do make it to Savage Plants/Savage Vine you'll be really close to Port Gamble, where my shop is, so I hope you can stop by. Meanwhile, I just wish it would warm up enough to at least think about hardening off my tomato seedlings.

Padded Cell Princess said...

I'm so glad you are doing so well! I remember seeing your business as I drove to the ferry when I used to live in the States. I was born and raised in Sequim and I love all the local business that have such heart and soul in the great small communities on the peninsulas of Washington. Way to go!

D said...

Thanks for the write up....One of these days, when I can actually get away from the wine shop, I hop to swing by your place...Til then take care, and pamper those tomatoes!

Braden said...

Wow nice and cheap is how I like it. Stumbled on your blog, neat stuff!

Anonymous said...

awesome !!

Callinglast said...

Love your blogs. This is the first time i've commented, but I read your writing because it reminds me of good old Seattle. I'm in Kansas now, creating and the what-not. Keep up the good writing and photography.

Mobile Cone Crusher said...

I'm so glad you are doing so well! I remember seeing your business as I drove to the ferry when I used to live in the States.

WhatIfWeAllCared? said...

What a neat idea~ wine tasting with shopping for plants!

Linda's World said...

Just happened on your Blog. I live in Pierce County just across the bridge(s) from Kitsap county. I used to Blog several times a week but now spend too much time on Facebook. We are blessed to have so many great nurseries in the Pacific northwest plus we have Cisco.